Girls Varsity Lacrosse
Watch Team USA This Weekend
The U.S. men's and women's national teams will be in action this weekend with the Team USA Spring Premiere from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. Three games will be live-streamed free of charge on www.uslacrosse.org. Here's the streaming schedule for the weekend (all times Eastern):
Below you will find the link for the 2017 spring girls lacrosse spirit wear store. Please note that the store closes on Feb 26 (after teams have been made) and your order will not be processed until then. Each player will need to get the grey women's locker tee. If anyone needs help paying for this please talk to Coach Schnapp when you make the team.
To avoid any confusion it may be a good idea to wait until they have their uniform number. Also, each order will be shipped to your HOUSE, not to the school.
I hope everyone had a restful break. We will be starting back up on Tuesday with conditioning in the weight room. Please see the schedule for all dates. Tryouts will be here before you know it!!!
Here are our pre-season dates for January
3- weight room
5- main gym
10- weight room
12- main gym
17- weight room
19- main gym
24- main gym
26- main gym
31- main gym
It has been wonderful to see so many girls show up bright and early for morning workouts! Let's keep it up after the Thanksgiving break.
As a reminder here are the dates for the rest of 2016:
This Thursday starts pre-season for lacrosse!
Please come prepared with all necessary clothing on Thursday and meet outside the weight room on the girls PE side at 7:00am sharp.
Here is Triple Edge Information... please act now!
ALL players MUST register individually on-line @ http://www.tripleedgelax.com/
Registration will CLOSE @ midnight November 20th
PLAYER REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROPER TEAM PLACEMENT
When registering your players should select:
- LEAGUE location dropdown: VA
- DIVISION: VARSITY
- NAME of High School or Club dropdown SELECT: Briar Woods
- COACH REQUEST: TYPE in field: Krueger
· Teams will be created with players registered as of midnight November 20th.
· If there are less than 15 players from your program - players will be added (based on positional need) to the team- up to a maximum of 20 players (at coaches’ discretion).
There is NO guarantee that players from your program who do not register by midnight Nov 20th will be placed on your team.
Here are some friendly reminders for the week!
1. Please turn in all updated paperwork to Athletic office prior to first day of pre-season workouts (Nov 17).
2. Mark down all pre-season sessions in your calendar now so that you can plan ahead!
3. If you plan on playing in Dec 3 Oakton Turkey Shootout, please select the FIRST Briar Woods team from the drop down. Currently we have SEVEN players signed up, and we had 23 girls said yes at our meeting.
4. Please sign up for the Fairfax Ball Brawl league as well. This is first come, first serve to be on the team.
Thanks so much for passing all of this information on to anyone who is interested!
Briar Woods High School Girls Lacrosse Pre-Season Conditioning Program
*You must have up-to-date physical and paperwork on file. (See athletic page at: http://bwhsports.org/main/otherad/contentID/39456385)
*We will meet in weight room each morning at 7:00am
*Be on time and ready to give a hard 50 minutes
*ALWAYS have warm clothing to go outside. If you do not have the proper clothing to be outside, you will not be able to participate. This includes long sleeves and pants, winter hat and winter gloves. Try to dress in layers!
*Bring your own water bottle- no sharing
*If you plan to shower, please make sure you bring your own towel, soap, and whatever else you may need
*We need a solid 15 girls consistently to participate in order to have open gym. You will be notified when to bring your equipment.
*Do not hesitate to ask to carpool with some of the other girls!
*Please plan accordingly to make as many sessions as you can! Progression is based on coming consistently. As talked about in our September meeting, you are getting a FREE conditioning session 2x a week and should be in shape for spring tryouts. If you are playing a winter sport for Briar Woods please do not overdo yourself. You should be in touch with Coach Schnapp about what sport you are playing. This will hopefully have you in shape for the spring season!
(Tuesdays and Thursdays)
17 22 29
1 6 8 13 15
- Stick skills (advanced partner passing)
- Small side drills (1v1, 2v2, 6v6, etc)