Girls Varsity Volleyball
All athletes must have a current VHSL physical dated after May 1, 2021. Here is the link to download the form
Physicals may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in at Briar Woods. Please use door D2 at the side of the building as our main office is under construction.
All athletes must complete the online paperwork registration beginning July 1. Any registrations completed before this date will need to be updated again as we enter the 2021-2022 school year. Here is the link: https://bwhs-ar.rschooltoday.
These steps must be completed in order for athletes to be cleared for offseason practices(ie Open Gyms, Condition Days, etc.) and tryouts. Also, if you have not done so already please complete the Prospective Athlete Questionnaire before tryouts.
Mike Benson and I will be hosting a virtual parent meeting scheduled for Tuesday February 9th at 7:30pm which will cover procedures for tryouts and introduction of coaches. The primary contact email that you have submitted in the Prospective Athlete Form will be used to share the Google meet link on Tuesday morning. If you have a player who is interested and you have not filled out the Prospective Athlete Form please do so by Monday February 8th. In addition, I will briefly cover what coaches will be looking for regarding specific positions during tryouts.
After the teams have been finalized there will be a separate parent meeting to discuss the season in more detail.
**All forms must be turned in to Lucia.Curry@lcps.org OR Jerry.Carter@lcps.org by Friday February 12 at 12:00pm**
If you plan on trying out for the Spring Season please make sure all paper work is turned in by 12:00 PM on February 10th.
* Virginia High School League Physical Form (No other type will be accepted)
* Emergency Medical Form
* Acknowledgement of Risk/Parent Consent Form/Insurance Notification
* LCPS Athletic Training Rules/Acknowledgement of Athletic Handbook Rules and Regulations
* Concussion Protocol/Impact Testing Signature Page
Make sure you complete the 2021 Prospective Athlete Questionnaire as coaches will be using this for registration info sent out before tryouts.
Briar Woods is hosting volleyball tryouts February 15-17, 2021. Athletes are expected to attend all three days of tryouts if they want to be considered for a team. If you haven't already done so, please review the following bullet points before tryouts and make sure all paperwork is turned in:
With the condensed season, please make sure you are available for all practices and games before our tryouts.
February 15, 2021: 5:00-8:00pm (4:30-4:55pm will be COVID screening)
February 16, 2021: 5:00-8:00pm (4:30-4:55pm will be COVID screening)
February 17, 2021: 5:00-7:30pm (4:30-4:55pm will be COVID screening)
Rosters will be determined on the last day and practices begin February 18, 2021.
*The coaching staff is aware that school ends at 4:15pm. If students are available to come early to start the screening process it would be helpful.*
Please wear the following colors for the tryouts
Due to Winter Sports and COVID restrictions, there has been no availability for us to schedule open gyms. It is up to the individual athlete to be prepared for tryouts.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
This update is in regards to players that wish to play both club and high school volleyball. As we are working with the Athletic Department to finalize our schedule (tryouts dates TBD), these are a few things that need to be considered before tryouts for Briar Woods Volleyball:
- Briar Woods practices will be 2+ hours beginning February 15, 2021 (tentative)
- Varsity: 4:30-6:45pm (tentative)
- JV/Freshman: 6:45-8:45pm (tentative)
- You will attend all practices
- Friday practices will be mandatory (consider your club travel schedule)
- You will attend all games
- Same rules apply from last year's HS season regarding missing practices and games
- You will attend all practices
Questions to ask yourself:
- Are you able to give 100% during high school practices if you have club practice on the same day?
- If you have club practice, high school practice, a job and schoolwork, how are you going to manage your time?
- If you are planning to try out for Varsity, the State Championship Tournament is on the schedule for this season and we plan on being there. Are you willing to go ALL IN?